RE-STRUCTURED TIMETABLES at HURST COLLEGE
In response to the questionnaire sent to all our Hurstpierpoint clients at the beginning of June outlining the options to reschedule some of the Saturday morning classes to Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings (required due to changes at the college), the outcome was e-mailed to all Hurst Clients, effective the September term and all the dates were put on the website.
However, it has come to our notice that we have not made these arrangements as apparent as we could have and in particular to new clients and those moving up from Woodlands Meed, so we have now set these out below:
- Have the 10 week course each term: 5 weeks before half term and 5 weeks after half term.
- This keeps the half terms free and no lessons are missed.
- This will only change if critical dates (Easter etc) demand it.
- By majority consensus, the Squads will start 45 mins earlier
- Other lessons will start at 08.15 allowing more lessons earlier.
- Later lessons will also finish earlier and be more convenient.
- We have negotiated (eventually!) a whole years’ timetable with the College which will be posted on the website.
- Sunday mornings will be exactly the same timings & format as for the normal Saturday mornings.
- Saturday afternoons will start from 12.00 and keep the same format, so you just add 41/2 hours to your normal booked start time to get your adjusted start time.
- 75% of lessons will be unaffected throughout the year
- There will only be 5 Saturday afternoons and 3 Sunday mornings in the entire year.
PLEASE LOOK AT THE TIMETABLES BY CLICKING THE LINKS BELOW, SO YOU CAN MAKE APPROPRIATE ARRANGEMENTS.
We will of course as a courtesy, prompt you by text or e-mail each week in advance of any re-scheduled days or times.
We will of course as a courtesy, prompt you by text or e-mail each week in advance of any re-scheduled days or times
Building Work at Hurst College.
You will have noticed that our normal parking area was taken up with a building site. The college are building a new Performing Arts Centre.
We have been asked to park in the main car park in the front of the main building off College Lane. There is not so much space there and on Open Days, will probably be over subscribed.
SO: Please use the Junior School or Sixth Form parking areas (they are the ones you have been driving through and behind the Sixth Form building) at your discretion and you can get to the swimming pool by walking along the path BETWEEN the play ground (with fake green grass) and the building hoardings/stacked PortaCabins, then round the Music School and following the path to the pool area.
PLEASE DO NOT WALK ON THE GRASS. WE HAVE BEEN SPECIFICALLY ASKED BY THE COLLEGE TO LET YOU KNOW.
PLEASE KEEP WATCHING THIS SPACE