Whilst we are returning to swimming teaching and use of the pools, we remain fully aware that despite lockdowns, tiers and vaccines, the virus will remain with us for some time.
We therefore need to take all our operations very seriously and can only continue to operate if we are all safe.
We therefore ask ALL parents and pupils to follow the protocols and precautions that we have put in place to the letter.
WE RESRVE THE RIGHT TO EXCLUDE ANY CLIENT WHO WE BELIEVE TO BE IN BREACH OR IS BEHAVING UNSAFELY.
- These measures are in accordance with current government guidelines and those issued by Swim England, with the addition of those that we feel are specific to our own circumstances and venues.
- We will keep pupil numbers well below the required 3m2 for each pupil
(Woodlands Meed – only 30% and Hurst – only 25% capacity)
- We would encourage you to use the ‘Test, Track and Trace’ app and get tested if you are in any doubt.
- Parents are reminded that they are responsible for the safety and behaviour of their children.
- Please avoid making contact or touching any equipment of facility unless absolutely necessary
- Parents/pupils are asked to avoid any close contact with any other parent/pupil whilst on the school site.
- Minimise unavoidable ‘close contact’ time (eg in corridors or changing rooms) to a minimum.
- Where applicable, classes will be timetabled to have approriate gaps between classes, to allow time for separated changeovers.
VENUES, TEACHING & LIFEGUARDING
- All venues will be thoroughly deep cleaned and sanitized at the outset.
- All ‘touchable’ elements (eg. handles) will be sanitized between classes or group use..
- All safety measures and signage will be in place before use.
- Doors will be left open to avoid the need to touch them.
- Toilets can only be used in emergency. Please go before you arrive for your session
- All Teaching & Lifeguarding will be from safe distance and staff will not speak directly or stay in close proximity to pupils.
- Use of equipment will be limited, be single user and sanitized in the pool after each session.
- Swimmers must remain 1m PLUS OR 2m social distance and active contact is to be avoided.
- In the unlikely event of an incident, the teachers will defer to the parent and call emergency services only if necessary.
CLIENTS, USERS & PUPILS
Please adhere to the following protocols:
- One parent only brings pupil or pupils in same ‘bubble’ or ‘family unit’
- 1m + ‘Social Distancing’ maintained at all times, both inside and outside the venues.
- Please wait outside the building until you are invited by the teacher or lifeguard to come in.
- Flow control is by ‘One Way’ routes on attached map and as set out in the pool.
- Only 3 psarents/pupils will be allowed in each changing room at one time.
- Following class or group must wait until previous class/group has left and the Lead Teacher has indicated entry.
- Pupils must come ready in swimming costumes and tracksuits.
- Please ensure that if you are using goggles, these are properly fitted, so that teachers are not obliged to correct at close contact.
- Track suits to bring removed in changing room with social distancing maintained.
- Pupils go to class teaching area following designated route and leave towel & track suit at pool side.
- Pupils must follow Teachers instructions/marker guidance during lesson.
- At the end of lesson, pupils to dry off, put on track suit and leave by designated Exit Door.
- Parents may assist children only where necessary or required to minimise numbers in the pool.
- Parents wishing to spectate lessons are encouraged to do so from outside, observing ‘Social Distancing’
- Where this is not possible, all spectating parents should sit at pool side in order of arrival and maintain social distancing.
- Arrive and leave site as indicated with appropriate social behaviour.
- Face coverings are mandatory whilst inside the buildings.
- Please hand wash before arriving and on returning, home and use hand sanitiser provided if you require.
DECLARATION and MEANING OF ‘COVID SAFE’
IF YOU MAKE A BOOKING, YOU ARE DEEMED TO BE DECLARING THAT YOU ARE ‘COVID SAFE’
You (pupil or parent or group) will be ‘Covid Safe’ if, in the 14 days prior to the start or at any time during the course of the swimming lessons:
- You (or anyone in your ‘family unit’ or ‘bubble’) are not currently tested as positive.
- You do not have a temperature above 37.5 deg. C
- You do not have a “Dry Cough”
- You have not been or will be in contact with anyone who has tested positive
- You have not been or will be in a ‘risk’ environment that requires you to self-isolate or quarantine.
- You have complied and will continue to comply with all the regulations that have been/are in force.