On 19th July 2021, the government decided to cease to provide definitive precaution guidance, moved the country to Level 4, pretty much lifted all mandatory restrictions and passed responsibility for the control of Coronavirus to us, the population at large, relying on the inoculations to protect us all.
This has inevitably lead to a rise in new infections and hospital admissions and these are now runnung at high levels (over 40,000 new infections daily).
Corona virus is going to stay with us and we must learn to live with it and avoid lockdowns in the future.
The vaccine works by training our immune system to develop antibodies to fight the virus (it does not contain the virus) in order to reduce the severity of the disease, hospitalisation and help reduce transmission. Of course, those who have decided not to take be inoculated (a choice that we respect) will remain vulnerable to infection and spread to others.
Whilst no vaccine is 100% effective, with no guarantee that having gained antibodies through the inoculation and with ever developing new strains, we recognise the likelihood of increased pressure in the autumn and that we all remain vulnerable.
It is therefore both prudent and necessary to take appropriate steps in order to ensure that swimming lessons can continue in as an unaffected way as is possible and do what we can to maintain a safe environment safe for all – you the parents, your children, our teachers, the pool owners and other users.
Please note that if we are unable to deliver lessons for reasons outside our control, refunds will not apply.
With the benefit of advice from our governing bodies and undertaken risk assessments, we are implementing the following precautions:
- The best protection we all have is that everyone is able to declare themselves as ’Covid Safe’ (see below) and that no one who is or likely to be infected, should attend lessons.
- This requires us all to behave safely as a matter of normal routine and we would ask that you continue to take all precautions to protect yourselves and your families, self-isolating where necessary.
- For your own safety, we would suggest that everyone who is eligible for inoculation (single and double), has been so inoculated.
- We will continue to operate ‘one-way’ systems and safe changing protocols as they apply, and we would ask that you follow the relevant instructions given by the teacher or set out on this link.
- We will continue to ask everyone to hand sanitise before entering the pools and touch as few surfaces as possible.
- We will continue to ask everyone to social distance whilst in the pool building.
- We ask that masks or face coverings be worn at all times when on school or college property.
- We would also ask that face masks are worn within the pool area, especially when in contact with the teachers.
DECLARATION and MEANING OF ‘COVID SAFE’
IF YOU MAKE A BOOKING, YOU ARE DEEMED TO BE DECLARING THAT YOU ARE ‘COVID SAFE’
You (pupil or parent or group) will be ‘Covid Safe’ if, in the 14 days prior to the start or at any time during the course of the swimming lessons:
- You have not had a temperature above 37.5 deg. C
- You have not had a “Dry Cough”, “Shortness of Breath” or “Chest Pains”
- You (or anyone in your normal ‘family unit’) have not tested as Covid positive.
- You have not been in contact with anyone who has tested positive or showing symptoms.
- You have not been in contact with anyone who is habitually in an unprotected environment
- You have not been abroad OR in any ‘risk’ environment OR been required to self-isolate or quarantine.
- You have & will comply with all Government guidelines/regulations that have been or are in force.